Oceanside, CA – The clock is ticking toward the October 6 deadline for nominations for this year’s Trade Show Executive (TSE) Gold 100 Grand Awards. The awards are presented not only to the largest trade shows in terms of verified exhibit space; there are also 18 categories saluting the exceptional ideas and achievements of shows of all sizes.
“TSE’s Grand Awards program identifies the most inspirational thinkers in the trade show industry and salutes their pioneering new ideas,” said Darlene Gudea, president of Trade Show Executive Media Group. “By spotlighting the winners, the awards help inspire conversations about new strategies and accelerates their adoption throughout the trade show industry.”
Award Categories Range from ‘Best Turnaround’ to ‘The Greatest Show on Earth’
The categories for the 2014 Gold Grand Awards include:
· Best Turnaround (from your previous show)
· Best Program to Help Exhibitors Maximize Their Trade Show ROI
· Best Trade Show Website
· Best Use of Social Media
· Most Viral Show Promotion or Show Experience
· Best 24/7/365 Show Brand
· Best Use of Technology
· Slam Dunk Award: Best New Idea
· The Most Innovative Show Overall
· Super Sticky Show Floor (best strategy for keeping attendees in the exhibit hall)
· The Show with the Most Commendable Green Initiatives
· The Show with the Highest Global Participation
· Best Gold 100 Show Extension Overseas
· Best Co-Location or Partnership (with an association, show organization, overseas government, etc.)
· Best Exhibitor Pavilion (international, government, sub-specialty, etc.)
· The Marketing Genius Award (the team or individual which implemented the most clever marketing ideas)
· Against All Odds (the show which overcame seemingly insurmountable challenges)
· The Greatest Show on Earth (the show that reflects excellence from all or most of these perspectives: exhibitor and attendee satisfaction, service to the industry, leadership within the industry, overcoming obstacles, flawless logistics, innovative techniques, green practices, social responsibility and any other documentation that reflects your show sets the ultimate Gold Standard.) Previous winners are ineligible to enter this category.
Multiple Benefits to Winning An Award
Gudea noted that past winners have said the entry process in itself is a valuable benchmarking exercise. “It gathers the team together, begins a discussion on show strengths and weaknesses, and helps identify better ways of doing things down the line,” she said. And winning a TSE Gold Grand Award not only raises the morale and profile of the team within an organization, it also builds the show brand to the audience of exhibitors, attendees and sponsors.
How to Enter
Nominations can be made by TSE readers, Gold 100 show organizers and staff, and/or their service providers. Nominations should be submitted by using the online entry form here.
Entries must be submitted by 8 p.m. PDT on October 6 for consideration.
Winners will be judged by the editorial staff of Trade Show Executive. The winners of the 18 Grand Awards will be unveiled and presented at the TSE Gold 100 Awards & Summit at the St. Regis Monarch Beach Resort in Dana Point, CA on October 22-24.
Reach Darlene Gudea at (760) 889-8585 or firstname.lastname@example.org