New York, NY – The Society of Independent Show Organizers (SISO) 2009 Executive Conference is on the horizon.
The event at the New York Marriott Marquis Times Square will be held August 4-6. The schedule includes networking opportunities as well as sessions devoted to familiar issues and new developments in the trade show industry.
CEO-level executives will discuss the continuing campaign for “greening” shows, surviving the current economy and uses of social media. The keynote speaker will be Barry Libert, chairman & CEO of Mzinga, a social software solutions provider, who will discuss the use of Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and other fledgling technologies for brand building.
The meeting kicks off on the evening of August 4 with a reception at the Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum.
The session agenda includes panels on:
- Social media, featuring TechWeb Vice President of Marketing Stacy O’Connell and Lance Fensterman, vice president publishing & pop culture for Reed Exhibitions.
- Improving ROI, moderated by Margaret Pederson, president of Amirexx and 2009 chair of the International Association of Exhibitions and Events (IAEE). The panel includes Mike Cooke, CEO of dmg world media; Skip Cox, CEO & president of Exhibit Surveys, Inc.; and Georgiann DeCenzo, executive vice president, Advanstar Communications.
- Non-traditional revenue streams with Courtney Muller, group vice president, Reed Exhibitions; Steve Navarro, vice president online communities for BDMetrics; and Mary Beth Rebedeau, president of The Rebedeau Group.
- Managing in a down economy, moderated by Questex Media Group President & CEO Kerry Gumas with Rick McConnell, acting president of Hanley Wood Exhibitions; Questex Executive Vice President Jon Leibowitz; and Alan Peterson, president, Trade Show & Conference Group, Penton Media, Inc.
- Green shows. Panelists include Reed Exhibitions Vice President Greg Topalian and Sandy Voss, group show director for New Hope Natural Media.
Registration for the SISO Executive Conference is $595 for SISO members. The room rate at the New York Marriott Marquis Times Square is $189 and is in effect until July 19.
Reach Lew Shomer, SISO executive director, at (310) 450-8831 x106 or email@example.com