Washington, DC – Two dozen major U.S. trade shows were selected for next year’s International Buyer Program (IBP) by the U.S. Department of Commerce.
The Commerce Department said the shows would benefit from active recruiting of buyers overseas by IBP personnel. The effort last year helped bring more than 11,500 international buyers to U.S. shows. “The IBP saves U.S. businesses valuable time and resources in their pursuit of global opportunities,” said Stefan Selig, Under Secretary of Commerce for International Trade.
The IBP is under the jurisdiction of the Commerce Department’s International Trade Administration (ITA). The ITA maintains an official international trade center at each IBP show where foreign buyers can obtain assistance in identifying potential business partners, and meet with U.S. companies to negotiate and close deals. U.S. exhibitors can take advantage of interpreter services and face-to-face export counseling from overseas U.S. Commercial Service representatives, who usually accompany the visiting delegations from countries worldwide. Foreign buyers and U.S. exhibitors frequently take advantage of online business matchmaking services to connect and schedule meetings prior to the show.
The 24 shows include several from the ranks of the Trade Show Executive Gold 100 and span a range of industry sectors, including electronics, construction, energy and consumer products.
Below is the complete list of selected shows for the 2015 IBP, listed in chronological order:
- International CES – January 6-9 – Las Vegas
- NAHB International Builders’ Show – January 20-22 – Las Vegas
- SHOT / Shooting, Hunting, Outdoor Trade Show – January 20-23 – Las Vegas
- International Production & Processing Expo – January 27-29 – Atlanta
- DistribuTECH Conference & Exhibition – February 3-5 – San Diego
- World of Concrete – February 3-6 – Las Vegas
- Progressive Insurance Miami International Boat Show – February 12-16 – Miami
- Natural Products Expo West/Engredea – March 6-8 – Anaheim
- International Home + Housewares Show – March 7-10 – Chicago
- NPE 2015 – The International Plastics Showcase – March 23-27 – Orlando
- National Association of Broadcasters Show – April 13-16 – Las Vegas
- Offshore Technology Conference – May 4-7 – Houston
- National Restaurant Association Restaurant, Hotel-Motel Show – May 16-19 – Chicago
- WasteExpo – June 1-4 – Las Vegas
- InfoComm International – June 17-19 – Orlando
- International Franchise Expo – June 18-20 – New York
- Summer Fancy Food Show – June 28-30 – New York
- American Association of Clinical Chemistry Annual Meeting and Clinical Laboratory Expo – July 26-30 – Atlanta
- Outdoor Retailer Summer Market – August 5-8 – Salt Lake City
- WEFTEC Water Environment Federation Technical Exhibition and Conference – September 26-30 – Chicago
- ASIS 2015 International 61st Annual Seminar & Exhibits – September 28-30 – Anaheim
- PACK EXPO Las Vegas – September 28-30 – Las Vegas
- Greater New York Dental Meeting – November 27-December 2 – New York
- POWER-GEN International – December 8-10 – Las Vegas
Reach Vidya Desai, IBP acting director, at (202) 482-2311 or firstname.lastname@example.org