Trade Show Executive Gold 100 Awards & Summit:
Honoring the Biggest and Brightest Trade Show Stars
The trade show industry gave a standing ovation to its standouts this month at the annual Trade Show Executive Gold 100 Awards & Summit. CEOs, vice presidents, exposition managers and organizers from industry associations and international for-profit companies gathered at the St. Regis Monarch Beach Resort in Southern California for two days of networking and discussion that culminated with the presentation of the TSE Gold Grand Awards for the top trade shows of 2012.
“The Gold 100 is traditionally the time when the trade show industry looks back to the best events of the previous year and what lies ahead in the coming year,” said Darlene Gudea, president of Trade Show Executive Media Group. “We saw some great success stories in 2012 and the prospects for another good year in 2014 when trade shows and exhibitions will continue to help fuel
The highlight of the event was the presentation of the Gold 100 Grand Awards in 16 categories. The Gold 100 is a ranking of the 100 largest trade shows of the year in terms of net square feet of paid exhibit space.
The International CES easily won the honors as the “Largest Annual Trade Show” of 2012. The electronics extravaganza covered more than 1.8 million square feet of the Las Vegas Convention Center and drew thousands of buyers to see the latest new gadgets for consumers. Seven Gold 100 shows were managed by Reed Exhibitions and seven by Emerald Expositions, resulting in a tie for the honors as “The Top Organizer in Number of Gold 100 Shows.” Other distinguished events were honored at the Gold 100 in categories other than size, such as “Marketing Genius,” “Highest Global Impact,” “Best Hosted Buyer Program,” “Best Use of Social
Media,” “The Greatest Show on Earth,” and more.
CLICK HERE to read more and watch additional videos!
Previous Press Releases:
• Who’s the Best? Deadline to Nominate Top Achievers
• Who’s Coming to TSE’s Gold 100 Awards & Summit?
• Gold 100 Show Roster Announced
Gold 100 Advisory Board
• Britton Jones, President & CEO, Business Journals, Inc.
• David Seckman, President & CEO, Food Processing Suppliers Association
• Dennis Slater, President, Association of Equipment Manufacturers
• Karen Malone, Vice President of Meeting Services, HIMSS
• Liz Crawford, Show Director & Senior Marketing Director, Emerald Expositions
• Nancy Walsh, Executive Vice President, Reed Exhibitions
• Rick McConnell, President, Hanley Wood Exhibitions
• Robert Priest-Heck, Chief Operating Officer, Freeman
• Stephen Miner, President & CEO, Solar Energy Trade Shows, LLC
• Tina Jones, Director of Conventions, Helicopter Association International