Who’s Speaking and Who’s Attending the Gold 100 Awards and Summit?
Carlsbad, CA – Change seems to be coming more quickly in the exhibitions industry, and not just in terms of technology. The Trade Show Executive (TSE) Awards & Summit once again presents a stellar lineup of industry leaders who will probe today’s unique issues as they come to the forefront.
The Gold 100 annually salutes the largest and best-run trade shows of the previous year while also producing a full day of discussions on the current state of the industry and predictions on where things are headed in the coming years.
“This is an exciting time for trade show organizers, and the Gold 100 is a forum for the executives who are opening up this new era,” said Darlene Gudea, President of Trade Show Executive Media Group. “This year’s Gold 100 Summit will shine the spotlight on the ways our industry is evolving.”
The Gold 100 Awards & Summit takes place September 21-23 at the Park Hyatt Aviara Resort in Carlsbad, CA, a quick drive up the coast from San Diego International Airport. Aviara continues TSE’s tradition of providing leading show organizers with a relaxing locale for networking and education as the year enters the home stretch. Registration information can be found at www.tradeshowexecutive.com.
The Gold 100 Summit portion of the program is an opportunity to compare notes and look to the future with fellow show organizers, industry partners and outside experts.
“The future is now, and the topics that will be up for discussion at the Gold 100 Summit will provide some exciting insights and ideas as we look to 2017 and beyond,” said TSE Vice President of Events Diane Bjorklund.
Look Who’s Coming (a partial list)
• Michael Alic, Managing Director, Fashion Group. UBM
• Kim Althoff, Director of Trade Shows & Meetings, ISSA - The Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association
• Lisha Baer, Operations Manager, National Association of Music Merchants
• John Barrett, Executive Director, ISSA - The Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association
• Sarah Bopp, Manager, Booth Sales & Operations, American Pet Products Association
• Howard Britt, President/CEO, Premiere Show Group
• Shannon Burch, VP, Events & Business Development, ASIS International
• Tony Calanca, Executive VP, UBM Americas
• Camille Candella, VP Marketing, Emerald Expositions
• Thomas Carbott, Senior VP, MHI
• Kimberly Carcone, Senior Director, Market Events, Toy Industry Association, Inc.
• John Catalano, Senior Director, Society of Manufacturing Engineers
• Daniela Ciocan, Director of Marketing, Cosmoprof North America
• Darel Cook, Director, Expositions & Meetings, Promotional Products Association International
• Erin Cucinotta, Operations Manager, National Association of Music Merchants
• Andrew Darmohraj, Executive VP & COO, American Pet Products Association
• Chris Dolnack, Senior VP & CMO, National Shooting Sports Foundation
• Phil Evans, CFO, Emerald Expositions
• Randy Field, Group VP, Reed Exhibitions
• Jeff Filo, Institute of Food Technologists
• Kelly Fox, Senior VP, Institute of Food Technologists
• Julie Freedman, Operations Director, Emerald Expositions
• Karen Gebhart, VP Business Development, Helicopter Association International
• Marty Glynn, CEO, MAD Event Management
• Mike Grant, Senior VP, Operations, Reed Exhibitions
• Cathy Griffith, Operations Director, Emerald Expositions
• Kerry Gumas, President & CEO, Questex LLC
• Nicole Hallada, VP Marketing & Communications, Association of Equipment Manufacturers
• Kai Hattendorf, Managing Director, UFI, The Global Association of the Exhibition Industry
• Eric Horn, Show Director, Cosmoprof North America
• Lori Jenks, Senior VP - Operations, Emerald Expositions
• Philip M. Kafarakis, President, Specialty Food Association
• Marie Knight, Vice President, AmericasMart Atlanta
• Margie Lelvis, Marketing Director, Emerald Expositions
• Sam Lippman, President & Founder, Lippman Connects
• Karen Malone, VP, Meeting Services, Healthcare Information & Management Systems Society
• Philip McKay, Founder, President & CEO, nGage Events, LLC
• Robert McLean, Vice President, Promotional Products Association International
• Denise Medved, VP Sales & Business Development, Consumer Technology Association
• JoAnn Miller Marshall, Executive VP, AmericasMart Atlanta
• Stephen Miner, President/CEO, Solar Energy Trade Shows, LLC
• Nath Morris, VP Expo, US Poultry & Egg Association
• Cherif Moujabber, President, Creative Expos & Conferences
• Dan Moylan, Director of Trade Show Sales, National Association of Music Merchants
• Chris Nemchek, Senior VP, Business Development & Member Relations Officer, Specialty Food Association
• Marisa Nicholson, Vice President, Emerald Expositions
• Steve Pitt, Senior VP, National Automobile Dealers Association
• Jim Pittas, Senior VP, PMMI: The Association for Packaging & Processing Technologies
• Vinnie Polito, Principal, mdg
• Jeff Pressman, President & CEO, ConvExx
• Elli Riley, Senior Director, Exhibits & Meeting Services, Healthcare Information & Management Systems Society
• Stephanie Salesnick, President, International Trade Information, Inc.
• Cindy Sample, Director of Operations, National Association of Music Merchants
• Larry Schur, President, All Baby & Child Corp.
• Warren Sellers, President, Sellers Expositions
• Stephen Sind, President & CEO, Global Event Strategies
• Julia Smith, 2016 Chairperson, International Association of Exhibitions & Events
• Karalynn Sprouse, Executive VP, Emerald Expositions
• Gary Thuro, VP Marketing & Sales, Solar Energy Trade Shows, LLC
• Sandy Voss, President of Exhibitions, Penton
• Nancy Walsh, President, North America, Reed Exhibitions
The TSE Gold 100 Summit promises to be a highly productive afternoon that will help keep attendees on the visionary edge of the trade show industry in 2017.
Call for Entries: Nominate the Best Shows of the Year for the TSE Gold Grand Awards
Oceanside, CA - The 2016 Trade Show Executive (TSE) Gold 100 Awards & Summit is just a few months away, and the festivities at the Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Spa and Gold Club in Carlsbad, CA September 21-23 will not only honor the largest shows of the past year but also those that set the Gold Standard from a variety of other perspectives.
“The Gold Grand Awards shines the spotlight on the most inspirational thinkers and their pioneering ideas,” said Darlene Gudea, President of Trade Show Executive Media Group.
TSE’s Gold Grand Awards annually honor innovation and expertise in many facets of show management including marketing, global strategies, technology, and social responsibility. In addition, “The Greatest Trade Show of 2015” is the ultimate award, spotlighting a center-ring event that has excelled from every perspective. New this year, “The Greatest Corporate Event of 2015” will also be honored, to recognize the many innovative ideas that spring forth from these organizers.
Gudea said the Gold Grand Award reflects far more than recognition for a job well done or an addition to one’s trophy case. “The award is a valuable benchmark that can prompt further discussions about show strengths and new avenues of growth,” Gudea said.
Grand Awards are Open to ALL Shows
20 Different Categories
Nominations will be accepted from TSE readers, Gold 100 show organizers and staff, and/or their service providers. Any nomination from a service provider will be verified with the organizer. The entries will be judged by the TSE editorial staff.
And the Winners Are…
Trophy or not, a week at the Park Hyatt Aviara Resort, Spa & Golf Club is definitely worth the trip to the Left Coast. The Aviara is a posh and secluded AAA Five Diamond getaway about 30 miles north of San Diego International Airport and a mile or so from the Pacific Ocean. The immaculate grounds are home to the 18-hole Arnold Palmer golf course that was the venue for the LPGA Kia Classic. There is also a range of activities available from tennis on down to networking in the sun at the 3,200 square foot pool.
“Carlsbad has grown from a hidden gem to one of the marquee travel destinations in Southern California,” said Diane Bjorklund, Vice President of Events. “The Gold 100 Awards & Summit will once again offer show organizers and their industry partners a setting where new ideas, serious networking and relaxation blend together into a single unforgettable experience.”
Details on registration and the Gold 100 agenda will be announced in the near future. In the meantime, enter September 21-23 in your mobile devices and start making plans to attend the 2016 TSE Gold 100 Awards & Summit.
Atlanta Convention & Visitors Bureau
Convention Data Services
Donald E. Stephens Convention Center |
Georgia World Congress Center
Global Experience Specialists (GES)
Map Your Show
MGM Resorts International/
Mandalay Bay Resort
New Orleans Convention & Visitors Bureau
New Orleans Ernest
Memorial Convention Center
Orange County Convention Center
Rosemont Convention & Tourism Bureau
Sands Expo & Convention Center |
The Venetian |
The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino
AFR Event Furnishings
Louisville Convention & Visitors Bureau
Atlantic City Convention & Visitors Authority
Oscar & Associates
Center for Exhibition